The Council is involved in the organisation of all elections that are required to be held, although the appropriate Returning Officer has a personal responsibility for each election.
What do Electoral Services do?
- Dealing with nominations of candidates
- Producing ballot papers
- Producing poll cards
- Booking premises to use as polling stations
- Recruitment and selection of staff to work at the polling stations or to count the votes
- The issue of postal votes and proxy poll cards
- Counting the votes
- The upkeep of statistics
- Organising the Register of Electors
West Somerset Council
West Somerset House
Telephone: 01984 635272